Monday, June 4, 2012

Apples

Life is funny.  You go through the day to day motions and life moves forward.  Then one day, an event upsets the apple cart.  My apple cart was upset recently.  My loved one fell and broke his arm.  Not a simple fracture, but a comminuted, displaced humeral head fracture.  This meant surgery, an artificial joint and no use of his dominant arm.  Life gets turned upside down when you now have a dependent adult in the house.


Running has continued, but with less frequency, at shorter intervals.  We took the opportunity to explore new areas to run.  Finding trail heads and making visual notes helps me know where to go when the time is right.


The trails still beckon.  I will heed the call.  But only after I gather all the apples and put them back in the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment